My air fryer is 6 years old and still going strong! Thanks to it we’ve been able to go microwave-free for the last year, something I never thought would be possible. This air fryer meatballs recipe is a quick and easy way to dish up low carb meatballs if you are on keto, cutting carbs, or on Weight Watchers. These air fryer meatballs are also gluten-free which you’d think would go without saying, but so many meatball recipes call for fillers such as breadcrumbs and most frozen meatballs have fillers that are not gluten-free.
The good news is it’s so easy to make your own low carb meatballs in the air fryer that you won’t miss out on the frozen store-bought options anyway.
How to make chicken meatballs in an air fryer
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Culinary Paste
Replace the last 9 ingredients with your favorite culinary paste. I used this one with delicious results.
If you don’t have culinary paste on hand, you may instead use:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
How to cook meatballs in an air fryer
- In a large bowl, mix the ground chicken, culinary paste (or list of spices if preferred), and cilantro until combined
- Form the mixture into 16 meatballs and place in single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Set air fryer to 400°F and cook for 10 minutes, turning meatballs halfway through cooking time
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure internal cooking temp of 165°F
Cooking in one layer is key to to air fryer recipes so either cooking batches if necessary or invest in an air fryer rack that will allow you to cook in two layers at once. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 792mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 27g
Cooking in one layer is key to to air fryer recipes so either cooking batches if necessary or invest in an air fryer rack that will allow you to cook in two layers at once.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.