If you like pumpkin bread, you’ll love this butternut squash bread recipe too! It’s similar to other traditional quick bread recipes, and you’ll have the opportunity to use up all the extra butternut squash from your garden. If you know how to preserve butternut squash, you probably have plenty in your freezer all ready to go!
Much like pumpkin bread or zucchini bread, this butternut squash bread recipe is a fun twist on a traditional favorite. If you’re like my dad and grow giant butternut squashes in your garden or if you just happen to find a great deal on them at your local grocer, this is a great way to put them to use while they are in season.
Butternut Squash Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butternut squashed (cooked and smashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and beat well.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow butternut squash bread to rest in pan 15 minutes before removing.
- Serve warm with butter
There are lots of other ways to enjoy this versatile squash than just in soup (although it’s one of my favorites.) If you like this butternut squash bread recipe, try my butternut squash cornbread muffins too!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 315mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g