If you’re wondering what to do with yellow squash, try this gluten free summer squash bread. Loaves of gluten free yellow squash bread will have your produce off the counter and in your belly in the best possible way!
gluten free summer squash bread will use up your excess produce in the yummiest of ways.” width=”669″ height=”2000″ />
Gluten free squash bread
While we haven’t grown a garden this year, we’ve been the recipients of Dad’s abundance, particularly in the summer squash department! If you’ve ever planted yellow squash or zucchini, you’ve probably had it coming out of your ears at some point. Gluten free squash bread is a tasty way to use up the surplus.
You can either shred your yellow squash with a grater or do it the way I did and just throw it in the Ninja Blender.
Gluten Free Summer Squash Bread
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated yellow squash
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, butter, applesauce and vanilla together
- Stir in the grated yellow summer squash
- Add the dry ingredients to the squash mixture and stir until moistened.
- Pour into a loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan then sprinkle with powdered sugar
- Slice and serve warm with butter!
If you love this gluten free yellow squash bread recipe for summer, try my Butternut Squash Bread Recipe recipe this fall!