Christmas is a special time to visit Great Wolf Lodge. We got to experience a Great Wolf Lodge Christmas two years ago with the arrival of Snowland at Great Wolf Lodge Georgia. It was the perfect way for us to kick off the holiday season. What’s so special about Great Wolf Lodge Snowland? See for yourself!
Great Wolf Lodge at Christmastime
If spending your day at a water park when it’s 40 degrees outside isn’t magical enough, you get to experience a Great Wolf Lodge Christmas winter wonderland this holiday season thanks to Snowland. Great Wolf Lodge Christmas
Snowland arrived at Great Wolf Lodge on November 24th and will stay until January 4th, 2022. What can you expect from a Great Wolf Lodge Christmas?
1. A Festive Welcome – A massive north woods style Christmas tree is the first thing you’ll notice when you step into the lobby at Great Wolf Lodge, and at check-in, you’ll receive special holiday wolf ears. You’ve got to match the decor after all!
2. A Life-Sized Gingerbread House – Executive Chef Bryan Gilmore and his culinary team spent weeks crafting a real, edible gingerbread house that looks (and smells) amazing. You may not be able to actually eat it, but guess what? You can eat in it.
That’s right. Book a table in the gingerbread house through Yelp or after your arrival and your fee will benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities®! Availability is limited so I’d recommend you book online for sure. And while constructing a gingerbread tiny house is probably out of the question for your family (if it’s not, I want your kitchen!) Great Wolf’s will inspire you to make your own after you get home.
3. Snow – Indoor snow showers happen three times per day at Snowland near the storytime area. For those of us in the South, this may be as close to a white Christmas as we get.
4. Meet Santa – He’s a regular visitor to Snowland, dropping by on Fridays and Saturdays early in the season and then also during the week as Christmas gets closer. Call Great Wolf Lodge Georgia customer service at 844.473.9653 if you need to plan your stay dates around Santa’s schedule.
5. Stay in a Snowland Suite – “Snowland Suites” are Queen Deluxe Suites that have undergone a holiday transformation. Book one and you’ll enjoy a Christmas Tree in your room plus other special decorations, even in the bathroom!
6. Milk and Cookies Service – Call the front desk to schedule an evening delivery of milk and cookies to your room! Wiley the Wolf delivers them and it’s the sweetest way to end a day at Snowland. This was as good of a picture as I could get with children literally bouncing around and declaring, “This is the best day of my life because we get to eat cookies before bed.”
Sweet treats are definitely the way to Sweet T’s heart. And these were good sweet treats! Look at those humongous chocolate chips.
Great Wolf Lodge Snowland is not to be missed! I can see it becoming a holiday tradition for our family.
Of course, during Snowland you’ll also enjoy all the year-round activities Great Wolf Lodge has to offer. Check out my Great Wolf Lodge Tips post if this will be your first visit so you will know what to expect.
Great Wolf Lodge Snowland
During our Great Wolf Lodge Christmas adventure, the kids enjoyed MagiQuest even more than they did during their first trip. In fact, they are both Master Magis now! That’s kind of a big deal. Once you’ve completed the Fairy, Goblin, Dragon, and Master Magi quests, you receive a Master Magi pin and a ceremony in front of Charlock the dragon. It’s heady stuff. I’m not sure Gus’ ego was ready to handle all the power.
We can’t wait to visit Great Wolf Lodge Snowland again. ‘Bye Wiley! We’ll miss you.
Great Wolf Lodge Christmas Packages
If you’re on a budget, you can get a big bang for your buck here, especially if you have a big family. You can also splurge and spend that Christmas budget in a memorable way with the Snowland Christmas packages at Great Wolf Lodge. Below are the two package options offered in 2021 for a spectacular holiday experience at Great Wolf Lodge.
Snowland Family Package
The Snowland Family Package costs an additional $99.99 ($100, ok? Right?) and includes:
- One commemorative Snowland Ornament
- Two tummy-warming 3 Piece Hot Cocoa Bomb Sets
- Two official assorted Snowland Mugs
- One cozy Blanket
- One Snowball Fight Game
The Snowland Package costs an additional $39.99 ($40 guys. Why can’t we just?) and includes:
- One commemorative Snowland Ornament
- One tummy-warming Hot Cocoa Bomb
- One official assorted Snowland Mug (red or black)
- One cozy Blanket
If your kids are the type to want to spend money in the gift shops, these packages are a bargain. You get your Christmas memorabilia and experiences for a discount!
Great Wolf Lodge Atlanta Location
While not in Atlanta city limits (how would there even be space, right?) Great Wolf Lodge “Atlanta” is actually in the town of LaGrange, Georgia, which is about an hour southwest of the heart of Atlanta.
That’s a bit of a loaded question but I’ll let you know that it’s as safe as they can possibly make it. To see some of the many changes, rules, and initiatives you can expect during your post-2020 trip to Great Wolf Lodge check out this post of our most recent visit to Great Wolf Lodge to see all the precautions they are taking during this time.
You can expect all the fun things in this post with a few modifications. Now that the COVID-19 vaccine is widely available for most ages, you’ll find the mask mandate more relaxed for vaccinated guests. Unvaccinated guests are welcome to visit, but a face covering will be required. Check out Great Wolf’s Paw Pledge for more information about the health and safety of Great Wolf Lodge’s guests.
Great Wolf Lodge at Christmas is truly a treat, and the company has done an exceptional job keeping things as safe this year as they can possibly be. Whatever you decided is best for your family I hope your holiday season is memorable and magical.
Our trip was hosted by Great Wolf Lodge. All opinions are my own.