Stuffed jalapenos, jalapeno poppers, whatever you want to call them, this easy recipe combines several southwest flavors for the perfect appetizer. Prep the jalapeno peppers and hummus mixture ahead of time to make less work on the day of your dinner party.
Of course there’s no need to wait for an event to make them. Hubs and I enjoyed them with dinner one night.
- 5-6 large jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup prepared hummus
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Wearing gloves, seed jalapenos and slice them in half horizontally
- In a small bowl combine hummus and cilantro
- Fill each jalapeno half with hummus mixture and place on cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese
- Return to oven for 10 minutes more until cheese is melted and bubbly.
These perfect jalapeno poppers compliment any Tex-Mex meal! Hope you enjoy them as much as we do.