Hubs’ parents were in town last weekend and my mother-in-law was the ideal houseguest as always. She brought food for the visit so I wouldn’t have to cook and she always leaves a place cleaner than she found it. What a blessing! This cinnamon chip* quick bread is what she brought for us to enjoy in the mornings. The kids both loved it and so did we.
Cinnamon Chip Quick Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 tsps. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of cinnamon chips (Find them with the chocolate chips. Often seasonal.)
- 4 tbsps sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tsp butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease & flour bottom of loaf pan
- In a large bowl, combine first 10 ingredients.
- Beat 3 minutes at medium speed with an electric mixer.
- Set aside
- Combine 4 tbsps sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, and 4 tsp softened butter to make streusel topping
- Pour 1/2 the batter into pan then pour 1/2 of the streusel topping over the top. Add the remainder of the batter and top with remaining streusel topping.
- Bake for 55 – 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes then remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.
* Update: Some have commented about availability. I found cinnamon chips at our rural Walmart yesterday (2/17/14) Good luck!