If you love the taste of an Oreo McFlurry, why not make one at home? If you don’t feel like going out, or the McDonald’s ice cream machine is broken (again) you can still enjoy the taste of an Oreo McFlurry at home.
The secret is to get the right texture. We want to mimic vanilla soft serve ice cream without having our own machine. Let’s find out how to make a homemade McFlurry with the perfect flavor and original texture.
3 scoops of vanilla ice cream
Half of an 8oz container whipped topping
¼ cup half and half
4 crushed Oreo cookies
How to Make an Oreo McFlurry
Blend the ice cream and cool whip together first. This will help create a soft-serve ice cream consistency.
Add half and half slowly to loosen up the mixture, add in Oreo cookies.
Garnish with whipped cream and crushed Oreos.
Depending on the type of candy used, you can transform an Oreo McFlurry into a different flavor. What will you come up with? Here are a few suggestions:
- crumbled-up chocolate chip cookies
- crumbled-up peanut butter cups
- candy bars like Twix, Snickers, or Heath Bars
- strawberry ice cream instead of vanilla
- mint chocolate chip ice cream for an Oreo Shamrock McFlurry
Other Dessert Recipes
- 1 blender
- 1 ice cream scoop
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 oz whipped topping
- ¼ cup half and half
- 4 oreo cookies crushed
- Blend the ice cream and cool whip together in a blender.
- Slowly add half and half to loosen up the mixture. Blend.
- Add Oreos and blend until combined.
- Garnish with whipped topping and Oreo cookies (optional)