Since I work from home, packages and paperwork are something I receive on an almost daily basis (exacerbated by the fact that I have an online shopping addiction.) Thanking our carriers who deliver UPS, FedEx and USPS is a good idea year-round, but maybe you only have a massive amount of deliveries during the Christmas season. Either way, you can use this free printable sign for delivery drivers paired with drinks and snacks as an easy way to say thank you! Just click the link or the image below to download.
I like that this sign is vaguely Christmasy, but works just as well at other times of the year. So don’t feel you have to limit its use to the holiday season! It’s a great way for kids to practice kindness and giving back, or at least observe their parents doing it. “More is caught than taught” which is equally encouraging and scary, right?
- If temps are below freezing, don’t leave soda cans out! They might go kaboom.
- If it’s summer (in the South), consider freezing some bottles of water and leaving them out
- Don’t leave out snacks unsecured if you are in a rural area with wildlife or a neighborhood where dogs roam. Put them in a food storage container and write a note on top that there are snack inside.
- Make sure everything you leave out is manufactured and individually wrapped/packaged (with maybe the exception of a banana or orange in the rind) Homemade treats are nice, but would you feel safe or comfortable eating something homemade from someone you don’t know personally? Neither does your UPS man.
- If your porch is sheltered from the elements, your sign will be fine to print out on card stock and use as-is. If your porch, like our, isn’t sheltered you might want to laminate your sign. Laminators are affordable and easy to use. I love mine!
- This mounting putty is an easy way to hang your sign no matter the material of you home’s exterior.
Ideas for Treats
- Bottle water, soda, or juice
- Snack cakes
- Single serving chip bags
- Single serving trail mixes
- Beef jerky sticks
If you like this sign, you’ll love my free printable sloth birthday card too. Perfect for a belated birthday or a sloth lover.