Christmas is coming up (and winter break is coming up before that) so I imagine you’ll soon be looking for ways to keep your kids entertained indoors. How about some of this Candy Cane Slime? It’s perfect for Christmas and easy to give a little peppermint scent with your favorite essential oil.
Candy Cane Slime Recipe
Candy Cane Slime Ingredients
- Clear School Glue – Again, you’ll want the gallon size. Trust me.
- Liquid Starch – Found in the laundry aisle at local stores or on Amazon.
- Glitterific Glitter Paint – Red
- Glitterific Glitter Paint – Clear Hologram
- Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil*
Candy Cane Slime Directions
- Start by placing approximately 2/3 cup glue into a bowl
- Add approximately 1/4 liquid starch and stir with a spatula
- At this point, it’s best to get hands-on by taking the slime out of the bowl and working it with your hands.If the slime is too sticky, add more starch. If the slime is too goopy/stringy, add more glue.
- Add a drop or two of peppermint essential oil if you’d like*
- Once you have the perfect consistency, divide slime into two halves
- Mix red glitter paint into one half and clear into the other
- Layer into stripes before mixing all together for playtime!
*Only use a drop or two and only allow your child to touch the slime after the oil is thoroughly diluted throughout. We only use Young Living Essential Oils in our home and I wouldn’t recommend another brand for something that your child plans to touch!
[mv_create key=”20″ thumbnail=”https://sweettmakesthree.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/[email protected]” title=”Candy Cane Slime” type=”diy”]If you like this peppermint-scented candy cane slime, check out our Merry Christmas slime too!