Apple butter is a favorite of mine year-round, and fall is the best time to make it while apples are in peak season. Use this Instant Pot Apple Butter recipe to create a rich and decadent spread that’s best enjoyed on toast, in oatmeal, or my personal favorite…on biscuits!
I can’t visit Cracker Barrel without asking for apple butter for my biscuits, even if I’m not even ordering breakfast. Apple butter and biscuits just belong together as far as I’m concerned. With this easy apple butter recipe, I now have enough to share!
Apple butter will stay fresh in your fridge for a few weeks but if you can it, you can enjoy the taste of apple butter all year long. Check out the video below to learn how.
How to Can Apple Butter
Now that you’ve got the prep work out of the way you can let your Instant Pot work its magic!
How to Make Apple Butter in the Instant Pot
- 5 pounds apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir well until combined
- Cook on manual for 60 minutes at high pressure
- Allow a natural release of the steam
- Blend mixture in a food processor, blender, or immersion blender
You can keep your Instant Pot apple butter fresh in the fridge for a few weeks in tightly sealed containers or pressure can it so enjoy year-round.
Check out my Crock Pot pear butter recipe while you’re here.