These candy corn homemade pop tarts make a fun addition to the breakfast table this October. Since you can change up the pop tart flavors to your liking, serve them
Candy Corn Homemade Pop Tarts
- Ready to Bake Rolled Pie Crust
- Jelly of choice
- Vanilla Frosting
- Red and Yellow Gel Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll one pie crust and place it on a floured surface.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut 12 candy corn shapes from the pie crust dough. This can easily be freehanded with a sharp knife or pizza cutter as well.
- Place six of the pie crust cutouts on a cookie sheet or baking stone.
- Spoon a small amount of jelly into the center of the pie crust as shown. Be sure to keep the filling away from the pastry edges so your homemade pop tarts don't leak in the oven.
- Layer remaining pie crust candy corn pieces on top of the jelly.
- Use the tines of a fork to seal the edges of each homemade pop tart.
- Prick the top of your pop tarts with the fork tines. You need to do this so that the steam can escape and you don't end up with big puffy pastries.
- Bake your pop tarts in a 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Allow your pastries to cool completely.
- Fill a piping bag or sandwich bag with vanilla frosting.
- Cut a small hole in one end of the bag and use it to pipe the white portion of your candy corn.
- Once all pop tarts have been decorated with the white icing, place a small dab of yellow food coloring in your piping bag.
- While covering the hole you cut, work the icing and food coloring together until you have the desired yellow color.
- -Pipe the yellow portion of your candy corn.
- -Once all pop tarts have been decorated with the yellow icing, place a small dab of red food coloring in your piping bag.
- - While covering the hole you cut, work the icing and food coloring together until you have the desired orange color.
- - Pipe the orange portion of your candy corn.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 166Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 133mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 2g