These little Wheat Thins peanut butter chocolate bites are such easy desserts to make for Christmas. They are simple enough that kids can help make them. Sweet T certainly enjoyed making them with me. I love that they are no-bake and can be made at the last minute. Perfect for Christmas cookie swaps!
Easy Desserts to Make for Christmas
Wheat Thins Peanut Butter Chocolate Bites
108 WHEAT THINS Original Snacks, divided
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup crisp rice cereal
8 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
2 Tbsp. multi-colored nonpareils (green, red, and white)*
*I couldn’t find green, red, and white locally so I just used multicolored nonpareils which I think still turned out pretty festive. Your stores may run out of them this time of year too, so there’s always Amazon.
- Finely crush 36 Wheat Thins and place them in a medium bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and sugar to the Wheat Thins crumb and beat with an electric mixer until blended. Stir in rice cereal.
- Spread 36 of the remaining Wheat Thins with the peanut butter mixture then top each one with the remaining Wheat Thins to make sandwiches, gently pressing eat “sandwich top” to secure.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip half of each sandwich, 1 at a time, in melted chocolate and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with nonpareils. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm
Kids will love making and eating these easy little desserts so consider serving them at your kids’ table this Christmas.
Wheat Thins peanut butter chocolate bites make this vintage-inspired kid’s Christmas table setting complete!
Here are some similar items if you’d like to recreate this look at your children’s Christmas table.
Silvestri Santa Plates and Mugs SetTalking Tables Waiting for Santa Plastic Milk Bottles with Lids (4 Pack), Mini, WhiteVintage Style Milk Bottles With Straws – Bonus Flavored Milk Recipes – Serve Shakes Smoothies Juice the Old Fashioned Way- Novelty Gift Boxed Set of 4 – 10 oz.
Of course adults love them too. I brought some this morning to my Moms of Preschoolers get together and they were a hit! I need easy desserts to make during this hectic time of year and this Wheat Thins recipe fits the bill.