Learn how to make cornbread with this easy cornbread recipe. The addition of cilantro gives this cornbread a southwest twist! We are huge cilantro fans in the house. If you are too, feel free to add more than the 1/4 cup in this recipe. When you’re done, serve as a stand alone or turn your cilantro cornbread into these pulled pork sliders.
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place butter in 10" iron skillet and place in oven to melt.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in cilantro, milk, sour cream, and beaten eggs.
- Pour melted butter from skillet into cornmeal mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour cornmeal mixture back into skillet
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before slicing into wedges
There’s nothing like real butter spread on warm cornbread straight from the skillet.
Try my Moe’s Original Texas Toast copycat cornbread too!