Use a cake mix to make this easy biscotti recipe for dessert or to serve with coffee. Chocolate biscotti, almond biscotti…the possibilities are as endless as cake mixes!
Easy Biscotti Recipe
- 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chopped nuts of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a stand or electric mixer, combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs, flour, and nuts until well blended.
- Transfer dough to parchment paper-lined baking sheet and spread with hands until dough is rectangular in shape and ½" thick.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes
- Use a bread knife to slice rectangle diagonally into 1" thick slices
- Arrange slices back on the baking sheet and bake for another 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, turn the oven off and allow biscotti to remain in the oven until crisp (about 30 minutes)
- Transfer to wire baking rack to cool completely.
This recipe makes crisp, coffee shop-style biscotti, that can be dipped in coffee without crumbling and stored in an airtight container for several weeks. If you prefer softer biscotti, skip the step where you leave the biscotti in a warm, but turned off oven. Instead just bring them straight out of the oven from their second baking and allow them to cool.
They bake up really nicely on a Silpat. If you don’t already have one, here’s your excuse! You’ll love baking cookies on it too.