Whether you’re into camping or preparedness or just love cooking with cast iron, you’ll love these dutch oven desserts recipes. Some of the best dutch oven dessert recipes are often the simplest and that’s got me wanting to dish up some dessert in the back yard this summer. Our kids are crazy for sweet treats and not so crazy about playing outside (especially with heat or bugs) so I think we’ll use some of these dutch oven dessert recipes as an incentive. They already love it when we roast marshmallows so it’s got to work, right?
Dutch Oven Desserts
- Chocolate Cherry Lava Cake – With only 4 ingredients, this recipe is easy-breezy to layer in your dutch oven and enjoy an hour later. Use a dutch oven liner for easy cleanup
- Dutch Oven Apple Dump Cake – Dutch oven desserts often follow a “dump and wait” formula and this dutch oven apple dump cake is no exception. Aluminum foil makes for easy cleanup in this case.
- Blackberry Campfire Cobbler – Blackberry cobbler is my favorite summer dessert by far. Bonus points if you pick the berries yourself while you’re camping. You’re rusticating after all!
- Dutch Oven Seven Layer Brownies – Gluten free dutch oven desserts are a little harder to come but this seven layer brownie recipe fits the bill. You know anything with sweetened condensed milk is going to be a treat.
- Campfire Monkey Bread – This recipe works for breakfast too, in my book anyway.
- Lemon Blueberry Campfire Dutch Baby
- Dutch Oven Cranberry Cake
- Dutch Oven S’mores Pie Why settled for making s’mores when you can be extra and make a s’mores pie in your dutch oven?
- Dutch Oven Banana Cake
- Dutch Oven Cinnamon Rolls (you say breakfast, I say sweet treat. LOL)
- Chocolate Lava Cake via the Dutch Oven
- Dutch Oven Baked Caramel Apples – tastes like fall! Just don’t go bobbing for these.
- Blondie Brownies in a Dutch Oven
- Dutch Oven Chocolate Chip Cookies – I had no idea you could make cookies in a dutch oven, but here you go!
- Dutch Oven Pineapple Oatmeal Cookies
All of these dutch oven dessert recipes are almost making me want to go camping…almost. Glamping for sure and that’s pretty much the same thing, right? 😉
Dutch Oven Desserts: Chocolate Pudding Cake Video Tutorial
Update! We’ve since been on our first family tent camping adventure! We’re not quite of dutch oven desserts proficiency, but we did roast marshmallows and make campfire cones. We can’t wait to camp again so I’m thinking it must have gotten in our blood. Next thing you know we’ll be buying an RV.