I first enjoyed 14 Day Coleslaw at a 4th of July party where I had the opportunity to try it and fell in love. I called up my friend and begged the recipe which she graciously gave and now I’m sharing it with you.
This is a wonderful coleslaw recipe that stays fresh and crisp in your refrigerator for up to 14 days. Makes a great coleslaw for pulled pork or slaw for tacos.
14 Day Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 large head cabbage
- 1 large onion
- 1 large sweet bell pepper (I used a mixture of small red and orange peppers)
- 2 carrots
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 cup vinegar
- Finely shred cabbage, onion, sweet pepper and carrots into large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Pour mixture over cabbage.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.