At our one and only MOPS (Moms of Preschoolers) meeting of March (sniffle), we discussed the importance of sharing the Easter message with our children. The resurrection really is the touchstone of our faith, yet we generally put more spiritual emphasis on Christmas than Easter.
But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. – I Corinthians 15: 13-14
After discussing the importance of Easter and talking about different Christian Easter crafts for preschoolers to help present the Easter story to them, we created these little Resurrection Gardens together.
Keep reading after the Resurrection Garden tutorial for more activities and religious Easter crafts for preschoolers to use this season.
Christian Easter Crafts for Preschoolers: Resurrection Gardens
For each Resurrection garden you will need:
1 12″ terra cotta pot base
1 3″ terra cotta pot
jute or twine
1. Lay the pot on its side toward the back of the plate as pictured.
2. Spray the top of the pot and the back half of the place liberally with water
3. Cover with potting soil as shown then spray soil with water. Pack the moist soil as tightly as you can adding more water if needed
4. Sprinkle grass seeds over area then top with a little bit more soil to cover the seeds. Spray with more water.
5. Place moss in front of pot opening.
6. Add pebbles on top of moss
7. Lay two stick in the shape of a cross, then use jute or twine to wrap around the intersection of the sticks to hold them together.
8. Place cross in the soil to the side of the pot.
Continue to spray the soil each day until grass sprouts. I let Sweet T spray it each day and every time we do, we go over a very simple Easter verse.
He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Matthew 26:8a
Here are some other fun religious preschool Easter crafts to help you share the Easter story with your kids.
Religious Easter Crafts for Preschoolers
Resurrection Eggs – These are effective even with very small children. We made these Christian Easter crafts for preschoolers during my very first year at MOPS.
Resurrection Rolls – Teach your children about Jesus and have your bread ready for Easter dinner!
Grace Garden – This is similar to the Resurrection Garden but on a larger and longer-lasting scale. Hubs and I are waiting until the last frost to fill the containers on the porch. I think this is what should go in one of them! What a fun way to share the message of the resurrection with visitors to your home too.
Easter Sunrise Craft – No need to wake the kids up before dawn for an Easter object lesson thanks to this craft. 😉
Egg Carton Cross – For after the eggs are decorated
Happy Easter! Enjoy these religious Easter crafts for preschoolers with your whole family.