This keto Instant Pot chicken pesto soup with zoodles is wonderful to enjoy on a fall or winter day. Scroll to the recipe to check out those macros!
Don’t have a spiralizer? No problem! Green Giant makes frozen, spiralized zoodles that you can purchase. They’re great for those without a spiralizer or when you’re in a big rush. Here’s the catch: You’ll pay a lot more for frozen zoodles than you will if you make them yourself. Like, a lot more. Today I paid 75 cents for a medium zucchini at Kroger. I checked the price of frozen zoodles and they were $3.99 ON SALE for about the same amount of zucchini. It’s regularly $4.99. If you’re eating keto and like zucchini, you’re spiralizer will pay for itself pretty quickly with that kind of markup.
No shame if you need to purchase frozen zoodles for convenience. Maybe your grocer even has a store brand that’s more reasonably priced. Also, I’m not sure what fresh zucchini costs during the offseason so I’ll update this wniter and see if the price gap has closed a little bit.
Keto Instant Pot Chicken Pesto Soup
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup pesto
- 1 medium zucchini spiralized
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper each side of the chicken thighs and place them in the Instant Pot.
- Add broth, pesto, and garlic and seal the lid
- Set to manual for 18 minutes and release the pressure manually
- Remove chicken thighs and add zucchini spirals to broth in the Instant Pot
- Shred chicken and return to pot
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese if desired
This keto chicken zoodle soup recipe comes from the book Keto Soups & Stews by Carolyn Ketchum that I just checked out from my local library. There are a ton of delicious keto soup recipes you’ll love if you’d like your own copy.