This delicious keto crab dip recipe came from my mother’s 1978 Junior League of Jackson, MS Cookbook (and no, no one in my family ever has had or ever will have enough wealth, clout, and class to be in the Junior League. We’re still good enough to buy their cookbooks though!)
Enjoy your hot crab dip with chips, veggies, or as a fondue! You’ll have it ready to go in less than 10 minutes.
Keto Crab Dip
- 8oz Velveeta Cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 6oz can crab meat
- 1 1/2T sherry or substitute (I used the syrup from a can of pears. See above comment about “class.”)
- 1/2T Worcestershire sauce*
- Tabasco or favorite hot sauce to taste*
*Check the labels on your Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce to easily make this hot cheese crab dip gluten free!
How to make crab dip
All you need to do for this quick easy crab dip is melt everything together over medium-low heat. Seriously, that’s it! You’ll have Start with the butter and cheese. No need to cut up the Velveeta unless it’s been in the refrigerator.
Once the butter and cheese are completely melted, add the rest of the ingredients and stir until creamy and heated through
Serve this easy hot crab dip warm, but not piping hot. Allowing the dip to cool a little before serving will create a thicker texture more conducive to dipping. Serve with tortilla chips, Fritos, or as a fondue!
Hot Cheese Crab Dip
- 8 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 6 oz can crab meat
- 1 ½ T sherry or substitute I used the syrup from a can of pears.
- ½ T Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco or favorite hot sauce to taste
- Melt butter and Velveeta together
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well
- Serve warm