If you are looking for easy gluten free desserts, try flourless cookies! Since these gluten free peanut butter blossoms are flourless, you won’t have to worry about specialty flours. And with only 5 ingredients, these peanut butter cookies bake up in a jiffy!
One of Hubs’ favorite part of Christmas is enjoying his mother’s traditional cookies. She generally makes 11-12 varieties every year and shares them with us. Since Hubs now has to avoid gluten and dairy (or pay the price!) he was disappointed to miss out this year. Thankfully gluten free peanut butter blossoms came to the rescue and very much enjoyed having cookies in the house that won’t make him sick!
They were easy enough for Sweet T to help make. She very much enjoyed baking with her Mom mom.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
Feel free to use regular sugar in this gluten free peanut butter cookie recipe. My mother-in-law primarily bakes with coconut sugar instead due to the lower glycemic index and retention of nutrients during the extraction process.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar + additional for coating
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 30 Hershey kisses
- In a medium bowl, combine first four ingredients.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll into 1.5" balls
- Roll balls in additional sugar
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with Hershey kisses while still warm, pressing down slightly to flatten.
Of course gluten free peanut butter blossoms taste best when don an Elsa apron and bake them with your grandmother. It’s the secret ingredient. 😉