I haven’t had friend mashed potatoes since I was a child. Partly because it requires leftover mashed potatoes and we never seem to have any left. However, for whatever reason as I was peeling potatoes to make mashed potatoes I got a little carried away and peeled 10 POUNDS!. Needless to say I had a few left over, which brought to mind my momma’s fried potatoes recipe.
This friend potato recipe falls in two of my favorite categories: Cheap and Easy.
Fried Mashed Potatoes
- Cold mashed potatoes (I had about 4 cups) Just adjust the ingredients to the amount of potatoes you have.
- Flour (I used about 1/4 cup)
- 2 eggs (I would use 2 eggs regardless of the amount of mashed potatoes. It helps bind the patties).
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs butter + oil for frying.
- Mix potatoes, eggs, and flour in bowl (I squish it together with my hands). If the potatoes are not sticky enough to form a patty add a little more flour.
- Form into patties.
- Place oil in skillet, enough to lightly cover bottom of skillet and add 2 tablespoons butter, heat to medium high.
- Fry patties in hot oil/butter until golden brown. Serve warm.
The next time you have leftover mashed potatoes, try this fried mashed potatoes recipe. This potato recipe is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!