It’s Christmas cookie time! Do you like coffee flavored cookies? I’m blessed to have a mother-in-law who is an amazing baker and doesn’t mind sharing with us every year. For that reason I leave the time-consuming recipes up to her, but since I needed to make a batch of treats for a cookie swap Friday I decided to make something easy. By easy I mean you can make these with a toddler hanging on your pant leg and an infant riding in a carrier on your tummy. It’s the only way I get anything done!
It doesn’t get much easier than no bake desserts, and these no bake coffee flavored “cookies” also freeze well so you can make them ahead of time. These coffee flavored cookies make such easy Christmas cookies for a cookie exchange. Place a dozen in a coffee mug and wrap with cellophane for an easy gift for the coffee lover in your life.
No Bake Coffee Balls Coffee Flavored Cookies
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4-5 tablespoons brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Combine crushed cookies, the 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, nuts, cocoa, coffee crystals, and cinnamon.
- Add brewed coffee using just enough to moisten.
- Form mixture into 1 1/4″ balls.
- Roll balls generously in the 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Place balls on sheet of waxed paper and let stand until dry (about an hour)
- Before serving, roll balls again in powdered sugar if desired.