My family enjoys asparagus but it is quite pricey around here so I don’t purchase it very often. However, a friend of the family had an over abundance of green beans in their garden and said we were welcomed to come and pick all we wanted. Since I love baked green beans with sea salt I left the small tender beans whole and snapped the larger ones.
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- 1 lb Tender Young Green Beans
- 1 lb Bacon (cut in half)
- Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning (In the Green Can)
- 2 TBS Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 5-6 green beans in a bundle.
- Wrap with 1/2 piece bacon – stretching as you wrap.
- Place on rimmed cookie sheet or oven proof casserole dish seam side down.
- Sprinkle liberally with Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
What a yummy way to enjoy your garden produce this summer!