Moist and delicious oven roasted pork tenderloin recipe. Make gravy from the pan drippings for a real treat!
Today I want to share with you one of my favorite pork recipes. Not only is it easy to prepare, it also makes a stunning presentation for entertaining. Whether you are hosting a buffet style party or a formal sit down dinner this recipe fits the need.
Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Gravy
- 1 large onion cut into large chunks
- 1 large pork tenderloin (mine was 7.79 pounds)
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing
- 1 packet beefy onion soup mix
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (for gravy)
- 1/4 cup water (for gravy)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chopped onion on bottom of large roasting pan with lid.
- Place tenderloin on top of onions with fat side facing up.
- Sprinkle ranch dressing and onion soup mix over the top of the tenderloin.
- Gently pour beef broth over tenderloin being careful not to “wash off” dry mix.
- Cover with lid.
- Bake for 16 – 21 minutes per pound until thermometer reads 145 degrees. Approximately 2 hours for this size tenderloin.
- Remove tenderloin from pan and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- To make gravy strain liquid through a course strainer into a sauce pan.
- Whisk cornstarch in water. Add to pan drippings.
- Heat until thick.