Pair this Crockpot Jambalaya recipe with some crusty French bread and enjoy a comfort meal your family will want you to make again and again.
Simmering on low all day makes this Crockpot jambalaya recipe one of the best. The flavors really meld together with this easy dinner idea.
- 1 pound long grain rice cooked according to package directions (set aside)
- 1 pound spicy cajun sausage cubed
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cubed
- 1 pound frozen small shrimp – fully cooked, deveined, tails removed
- 2 large onions chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 carton chicken broth
- 1 14 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel chili tomatoes (adjust heat by using either Mild, Original, or Hot)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp smoked cayenne pepper (optional)
- In heavy bottom dutch oven brown sausage. Remove sausage, set aside.
- In same pan, brown chicken – remove and set aside.
- Add onions and celery to pan and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add chicken, sausage, chicken broth, and spices to slow cooker
- Cook on low 6-8 hours
- minutes prior to serving add frozen shrimp and rice.