Crock Pot Jambalaya
Simmering on low all day makes this Crockpot jambalaya recipe one of the best. The flavors really meld together with this easy dinner idea.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 pound long grain rice cooked according to package directions set aside
- 1 pound spicy cajun sausage cubed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 1 pound frozen small shrimp - fully cooked deveined, tails removed
- 2 large onions chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 carton chicken broth
- 1 14 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel chili tomatoes adjust the heat by using either Mild, Original, or Hot
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning
- ¼ tsp smoked cayenne pepper optional
In a heavy bottom dutch oven, brown the sausage. Remove sausage, set aside.
In the same pan, brown chicken - remove and set aside.
Add onions and celery to the pan and saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute for another minute until fragrant.
Add chicken, sausage, chicken broth, and spices to the slow cooker
Cook on low 6-8 hours
A few minutes prior to serving, add frozen shrimp and rice to the slow cooker and mix. The heat will pinken the shrimp without overcooking it.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 696kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 60g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 288mg | Sodium: 3189mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g