Looking for a leftover Girl Scout cookie recipe? (wait, what is that? Is it even possible to have leftover Girl Scout cookies? I heard of that happening to someone in Idaho like 5 years ago and it made the news. Kidding…mostly.) If you’re in need of recipes using thin mint cookies, you’ll love this Thin Mint Popcorn Recipe!
St. Patrick’s Day conveniently coincides with the wrap-up of Girl Scout cookie season, but whether you’re making this Thin Mint popcorn recipe for St. Patrick’s Day or any day of the year, this mint chocolate popcorn recipe is a creative way to use up those leftover Girl Scout cookies.
This leftover Girl Scout Cookie recipe is pretty simple to make thanks to Wilton Dark Cocoa Mint candy melts which provide the flavor and melds the popcorn together.
Thin Mint Popcorn Recipe
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup Wilton dark cocoa mint candy melts
- 10-12 Thin Mint cookies, crushed
- Lime green sprinkles
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- In a single layer, lay the popcorn out on the cookie sheet.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the dark cocoa melts for 45 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir. Microwave in additional 10 second increments until completely melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the melted candy melts evenly over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the Thin Mint cookie pieces on top of the melted chocolate.
- Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle with the lime green sprinkles
- Chill for 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to completely harden.
- Break up into pieces before serving
This Mint Chocolate Popcorn Recipe can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks so consider making it ahead of time for your next event.
If you enjoy recipes using recipes using Thin Mint cookies, I bet you’ll like my Red Velvet Funnel Cake Sticks too!