Taste the luck o’ the Irish with St. Patrick’s Day whoopie pies! These green whoopie pies make a sweet treat for your St. Patrick’s Day party or gathering. Our MOPS group enjoyed an early St. Patrick’s Day party last week, and these whoopie pies were a hit! I can’t take credit for them, but Ashley was nice enough to share her recipe since several of us wanted it after tasting these tasty treats. Yes, almost everyone had more than one. Once you try them you’ll know why!
Green Whoopie Pies
St. Patrick’s Day Whoopie Pies
- [u]For cookies[/u]
- 1 white cake mix
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 6-8 drops green food coloring
- [u]For icing[/u]
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Combine first five ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Form dough into one tablespoon sized balls and place 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely[br]
- While cookies are cooling, prepare frosting
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Beat in marshmallow creme and vanilla.
- Sandwich frosting in between two cookies. Don’t skimp!
Wasn’t that easy-breezy? Enjoy your green whoopie pies and grab a St. Patrick’s Day party kit to serve them on. All set! Good luck catching that leprechaun.
Now that you have a green treat to eat, it’s time to do some St. Patrick’s Day crafting with this pot of gold craft for kids!