It doesn’t get much easier than these Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings. Hubs is usually not a fan of whatever comes out of the slow cooker, but these got his attention.
- 2 lbs frozen chicken wings
- 1 15 oz jar sweet and sour sauce
- Place frozen chicken in slow cooker
- Top with sweet and sour sauce
- Cook on high 4-6 hours
- Remove wings from slow cooker with tongs and place in foil-lined baking dish
- Drizzle 1/2 of the liquid slow cooker contents onto the wings
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until desired amount of crisping occurs
Cook these Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings on high if you’d like to eat them with your hands or on low if you’d like them falling off the bone. Oven step is optional, but makes for a great crispy texture.
This is what the wings look like straight out of the slow cooker (cooked on high) with 1/2 the Crock Pot juices poured on top. They taste great just like this (I tried one!) but…
Just look at that crispy browned goodness! Totally worth the extra step. Just use aluminum foil to line the pan so you don’t have a big mess to clean up.