Christmastime’s a comin’ and that means getting to do some Christmas crafts with my kids. At ages 5 and 3, they love to do crafts but still need a bit of help with some of the steps (I’ll let them use the hot glue gun on their 17th birthdays.) This Reindeer Crafts for Kids is perfect for little ones to create with help from mom, and what better way to spend some family time together?
If you’re making these homemade reindeer ornaments in a classroom, you can go ahead and hot glue the cinnamon sticks together and the twine on the back ahead of time. Then let the kids twist on the antlers and glue the eyes and nose on with tacky glue instead of hot glue. Just allow for dry time!
Homemade Reindeer Ornament
For this Homemade Ornament you will need:
* You can use food-grade cinnamon sticks, but it’s more cost-effective to use ones packaged for cinnamon stick crafts instead. If you are making reindeer crafts for kids in a large group setting and need bulk cinnamon sticks, see below for a good resource.
Homemade Reindeer Ornament Directions
1. Glue together the ends of your cinnamon sticks to create a triangle
2. Hot glue a red Pom Pom on the the bottom corner for a nose
3. Hot glue one eye of each side of the triangle
4. Now you can cut your pipe cleaner in half, wrap each piece around the the top ends of the triangle and twist each piece to secure
5. Now bend your pipe cleaner pieces to look like antlers
6. Cut off s small piece of twine and tie the end into a knot
7. Hot glue this to the back of the ornament and you are finished!