This Raspberry Chocolate Tart is now my go-to holiday dessert and I feel is about to become yours as well. Why? You can make it ahead of time and just keep it in your freezer.
The raspberry chocolate tart is a simple yet mind blowing delicious dessert that’s also a total crowd favorite. And you know what? When you are cooking up a storm and have your oven stove and fridge completely full of things being cooked or waiting to be cooked, having something simple and straightforward to serve as a dessert is a breath of fresh air.
freeze ahead Christmas cookies, but try this crowd pleasing Raspberry Chocolate Tart too. It can stay in your freezer for up to 6 months!” width=”643″ height=”2000″ />
The other great thing about this recipes is that you don’t need complicated ingredients or paying a last minute visit to the overcrowded supermarket. You only need pantry staples and things that are probably already sitting in your kitchen. Because when it comes to the raspberries you can totally go with the frozen ones.
freeze ahead Christmas cookies, but try this crowd pleasing Raspberry Chocolate Tart too. It can stay in your freezer for up to 6 months!” width=”700″ height=”467″ />
But using frozen raspberries is not the best part about whipping up this tart. Not at all, the single best thing about this recipe? You can make it ahead of time and just keep it in your freezer. What? Yes! This is a freezer friendly holiday dessert! Please let me know that I’m not the only one that gets excited about it.
You can just fill everything, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and tuck in your freezer for up to 6 months. Once you are ready to serve just take it to your oven and cook it at 400 degrees for around 15 minutes.
Raspberry Chocolate Tart
- 3 Cups flour
- 1 Butter stick
- 2 Tbsps sugar
- 1 Tsp salt
- ¼ Cup ice cold water
- 1 Cup raspberries
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tsp ground cardamom
- ½ Cup chocolate milk
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- ¼ Tsp nutmeg
- ¼ Tsp ginger
- ½ Cup sugar
- 2 Tbsps melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 370 degrees.
- Brush a tart pan with melted butter and set aside.
- In a food processor add the butter and the flour and pulse shortly.
- Incorporate the sugar, salt, and cold water. Pulse until all the ingredients come together and form a thick dough.
- Press the dough into the tart pan. Set aside a part of the dough to make strips using a rolling pin. Take the crus to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat melt the chocolate with the chocolate milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and sugar. Cook until it is well incorporated.
- Turn off the heat and add the raspberries, carefully mix them with chocolate.
- Pour the raspberry chocolate over the crust and cover with the strips for a lattice pie crust.
- Transfer the tart to the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven, serve warm and enjoy.