If you need easy breakfast ideas for a group or a special weekend breakfast for your family, this raspberry breakfast braid fits the bill. I made it at 2:00 AM during a bout of insomnia so it’s easy enough!
Raspberry Breakfast Braid with Orange Glaze
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg,separated
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Use a mixer to combine cream cheese, egg yolk, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Divide mixture in half and set aside.
- Lay out each thawed puff pastry sheet onto a silicone baking mat or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture down the middle of each pastry sheet.
- Top with raspberries
- Use scissors to cut 1″ wide strips starting at the outer edge of the pastry sheet and stopping 1/2″ before reaching the filling
- Repeat on other side
- Slightly criss cross each strip over the top of the filling.
- Wisk 1 Tbsp water into the saved egg white.
- Brush egg wash over pastry
- Bake 30-40 minutes until pastry is golden and flaky and filling is bubbling
- For orange glaze, mix 1 Tbsp orange juice with 1 cup powerederd sugar.
- Allow braid to cool slightly before drizzling with orange glaze
- Serve warm, room temperature, or chilled. Tastes great all three ways!
I realized as I’m trying to describe how to cut and fold the pastry that I should have taken more process pictures. These things slip ones mind at 2:00 AM. Sorry! Hopefully you can see from the final photo how simple it is.