Cauliflower recipes are a great way to add veggies to your diet when you’re eating keto or low carb. This keto mashed cauliflower recipe combines garlic and chives for a flavorful mashed cauliflower keto option. Pretend they are potatoes the next time you have a carb craving!
This flavorful cauliflower mash pairs well with a wide range of beef, pork, chicken, and plant-based entrees. Plus, it comes together in under 30 minutes, so it is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want to get a healthy dinner on the table without too much fuss.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Keto Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 medium cauliflower head, florets only
- 2-3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. fresh chives, chopped
- Place the cauliflower florets and the garlic cloves into a steamer basket set over a pot of gently boiling water. Cover and steam until the cauliflower is fork-tender, around 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender and add the olive oil, almond milk, garlic powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings, as desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with fresh chives before serving. Enjoy!
You might like to serve it up with this chuck steak recipe that will help you get your fat macros in for the day in the most delicious way!
Keto Mashed Cauliflower Tips
- Steaming the garlic along with the cauliflower will remove the raw edge and make it more tender.
- You can use riced frozen cauliflower for these cauliflower mashed potatoes keto. Just make sure the cauliflower is completely thawed and drained and proceed with the rest of the recipe
Mashed Cauliflower Keto
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 98mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Protein: 3g