This savory stovetop low carb frittata is easy to make and quite versatile. The most difficult part is deciding whether you should enjoy it for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. Prepare your Keto Frittata in a cast-iron skillet that has been well-seasoned or another piece of non-stick, oven-safe cookware. A standard 10” non-stick skillet will also work, but remember not to put it in the oven!
keto frittata recipe! It makes a delicious keto breakfast obviously, but you may want to enjoy it for lunch or dinner too. #keto #frittata #lowcarb” width=”700″ height=”1524″ data-pin-description=”Looking for low carb meals that satisfy? Try this keto frittata recipe! It makes a delicious keto breakfast obviously, but you may want to enjoy it for lunch or dinner too. #keto #frittata #lowcarb”/>
Keto Frittata Recipe
Keto Frittata Ingredients
- 6 whole eggs
- ¼ c. half & half
- 3 T. water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 baby Portobellos, washed, gills removed, stems chopped, and caps cut into thin slices
- 2 handfuls arugula, washed and dried
- 6 cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half
- 2 oz. Feta cheese, cut into equal-size chunks
Keto Frittata Directions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 6 eggs, half & half, water, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper until blended. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to a 10” non-stick skillet and heat over medium heat. Add Portobello mushroom slices and chopped stems and cook approximately 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the mushrooms are browned, remove 3 uniformly sized mushroom slices from the pan and set aside.
- Add arugula to pan and stir constantly until wilted, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- With a spoon, spread ingredients into a uniform layer across the bottom of the pan, ensuring an even distribution of mushrooms and arugula throughout. Pour egg mixture on top and let cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the egg begins to set on bottom.
- Reduce heat to just above the “low” setting and cover. Cook 8-9 minutes, then remove cover and arrange the 3 Portobello strips, cherry tomato halves, and Feta chunks in a decorative pattern, if desired. If not, simply scatter those ingredients across the top of the frittata before covering again.
6. Cook for another 5-6 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through and the Feta has just begun to melt. Remove from heat and carefully transfer to a serving platter and cut into wedges.
7. Serve warm or enjoy at room temperature.
How to season an iron skillet
If you plan to cook with cast iron, you’ll want to know how to season it for more than just this keto frittata recipe. Check out the tutorial below to learn how to season an iron skillet
Low Carb Frittata
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 297mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 15g