There’s nothing like owning a bundt pan to make you feel like a legitimate adult (carrying an umbrella on rainy days is a close second.) I finally picked one up the other day at Ross while I was there for something completely unrelated.
If your bundt pan hasn’t been used lately (or if you just joined the ranks of adulthood like I apparently did,) dust it off and give this Lemon Lime Pound Cake Recipe a try.
Lemon Lime Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbsp lime juice, divided
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract[br]
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease and flour a 15 cup Bundt pan, set aside
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter at medium speed until creamy. Add sugar gradually beating until fluffy. Add eggs, beating until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine flour mixture, butter mixture, and 1 cup Greek yogurt alternately, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Add zests, juices, and vanilla, stirring until combined. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack
- For icing: In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioner’s sugar, juice, and yogurt.
- Spoon over cooled cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.