If you love coffee put your hands up! I saw all of you. 😉 Coffee and coffee-flavored treats are some of my favorite things to eat…and smell. Ahhhh. These Mocha Cupcakes with Hazelnut Buttercream Frosting are a cinch to bake up thanks to a few shortcuts.
For mocha cupcakes, simply prepare a chocolate cake mix according to package directions substituting espresso or very strong brewed coffee for the water that is called for. Top your mocha cupcakes with the Hazelnut Buttercream frosting recipe below for a delightful treat. International Delight Sugar-Free Fat-Free Toasted Hazelnut Creamer makes it easy!
- ½ cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut coffee syrup
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons International Delight Hazelnut Creamer
- In a large bowl, beat shortening and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in coffee syrup
- Gradually add sugar beating well on medium speed until thoroughly combined
- Gradually add coffee creamer beating at medium speed until desired consistency is reached.