Guacamole + Puff Pastry = Guacamole Puffs! This appetizer recipe is so good you’ll want to make for every party!
I’m a huge fan of good appetizer recipes. Like I sometimes stay up late in night pinning appetizer recipes and when planning a party. I find myself thinking about the food for 90% of the time (the other 10% is spent on all the other things), so to say that I’m obsessed with them is an understatement, I love them!
And with the holiday season right here and all the parties and gatherings and get-togethers that are coming around, I decided to head into the kitchen and start testing and trying some appetizer recipes.
My total favorite? These Guacamole Puffs! I’m going to be completely honest with you friends, these are good and not your average good, this are really good! Like the type of good that has people talking about them for days and that makes them fly off the table in seconds. Yes, that’s how good they are and I’m not even exaggerating a bit.
And why are they so good? Well, because they combine 2 of the most delicious things! Puff pastry and good ol’ guacamole. The cool and creamy guacamole combines perfectly great with the crunchy and puffy puff pastry.
And then obviously, they are loaded with all the things we know and love I mean, we are going big with the bacon in here, and that definitely helps to amp up the crowd favorite factor. We also have garlic and tomato all tucked into the puff pastry cups.
The other reason why I believe these are so good is because we are making the guacamole from scratch and this guacamole recipe my friends is as good as it gets (make a double batch trust me!)
- 1 Sheet puff pastry
- 3 Bacon strips
- 2 Avocados
- ½ Tomato
- ½ Onion
- ¼ Cup chopped scallion
- 1 Tsp chili powder
- ½ Lemon juiced
- ¼ Cup coriander leaves
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Use non-stick cooking spray on a muffin pan.
In a skillet over medium-high heat cook the bacon strips for 2 – 3 minutes each side or crispy.
Remove from the stove and chop into small pieces.
Cut the vegetables (avocado, tomato, onion) into small pieces.
In a blender add the vegetables, chili, lemon juice, coriander, garlic, salt, and pepper. Process until creamy, transfer to a bowl, combine with the bacon and scallions.
In a floured surface, lay out the pastry sheets and cut into squares.
Place the dough into the muffin pan to resemble a cup, fill them with the guacamole-bacon sauce.
Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Serve and enjoy!
puff pastry appetizers for a crowd or a party.” width=”665″ height=”1697″ />