When November rolls around, I have turkey on my mind: roasted turkey for Thanksgiving, turkey chili, turkey sandwiches, and turkey anything, Mainly because turkey is somewhat in season right now (have you be in a supermarket lately? They are carrying a ton of turkey brands and cuts!) and also because it’s so delicious and so cozy and warm it’s the perfect base for dishes during this time of the year.
The other thing that I really love about cooking with turkey is that it’s also healthier than other versions so you can eat guilt free (after all we are going to be pigging out later!).
So when I found myself with some ground turkey, I went straight into thinking mode. What good, delicious and oh so mouthwatering recipe could I cook? Simple, turkey burgers. But these are not your traditional (read: boring) turkey burgers. These are jam packed with flavor.
Actually, they are so flavorful that they are way better than the traditional ones. The reason is because the patty is seasoned to perfection and also because they are jam packed with a little secret: French onion.
Oh my gosh friends, you need to make them right now. You know what? Don’t finish this post just go and make them.
What? Why are you still reading? Well, guess I need to talk you into making them. The french onion my friends is the secret behind these turkey burgers- it adds an extra layer of flavor and spiciness while still being super easy to make.
Serve them bun-less because trust me when I say they don’t need it at all.
French Onion Turkey Burgers
- 1 Pound ground turkey
- ¼ Cup bread crumbs
- 1 ½ Onions, sliced
- ½ Onion, minced
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Garlic clove
- Olive oil drizzles
- 1 Radish, decorative (optional)
- 1 Grated carrot
- 2 Tsps minced parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl combine the crumbs, minced onion, salt and pepper. Then mix in the turkey and egg, use hands to mix the turkey and form the hamburgers.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat drizzle the olive oil, place 1 garlic and wait until warm. Reduce the heat and cook the hamburgers, when almost finished place the onion slices and cook until caramelized.
- Transfer to a serving dish, side with the carrot, and radish.
- Top with the onion and the parsley leaves before serving.