Sometimes I get so bogged down with the business of “doing life” that it’s difficult to reach my goals of giving back, being involved in our community, and supporting charity. You too? Well today we’re going to multitask with a recipe that will get dinner on the table quickly and also help us feed families in need.
I’m working with Perdue in the fight against hunger though their Get Deals Donate Meals initiative. You can help donate 1.8 Million meals to fight hunger simply by redeeming one of Perdue’s specially marked coupons for easy, convenient PERDUE® Chicken Products. For every coupon redeemed, Perdue Foods will donate 4 ounces of protein to Feeding America®*!
*Feeding America Guidelines: 4 ounces of protein = 1 meal. 1 meal=$0.10.
Promotion valid 8/23/15-12/31/15. For more information, visit Perdue.com
Easy Orange Dijon Chicken
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3T orange juice
- 1T honey
- 1T oil of choice for pan-frying
- PERDUE® PERFECT PORTIONS® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (3lb pack)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 10 oz fresh spinach rinsed well and drained
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, mayonnaise, orange juice, and honey. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to skillet
- Cook 10-12 minutes turning occasionally until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through
- Remove chicken from skillet and add spinach
- Cook spinach until partially wilted.
- Place spinach on serving platter and top with chicken
- Add honey mixture to skillet and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over chicken and spinach
This is a partnered post. All opinions are my own.