Essential oils are more than just a nice smelling addition to your home. They have amazing benefits that go beyond that of their obviously luxurious scents. Essential oils are valuable in your home for a multitude of reasons, including using essential oils for hair care. Read on to learn about 7 different essential oils for hair. Which ones will you try first?
7 Essential Oils for Hair
To apply essential oils to your hair: Mix a few drops with your shampoo or conditioner and use as normal. You can also mix these essential oils for hair with coconut oil and apply to hair for deep conditioning. You’ll need to shampoo several times afterward to remove it all.
1. Lavender Essential Oil – Lavender essential oil is great for boosting your spirits and applying to dryer hair types.
2. Rosemary Essential Oil – If your hair is oily and/or fine, you’ll love rosemary essential oil for your hair!
3. Chamomile Essential Oil – This soothing essential oil works wonder to moisturize and clarify your scalp.
4. Sandalwood Essential Oil – In addition to smelling great, Sandalwood is ideal to use on split ends.
5. Peppermint Essential Oil – Winter scalp? Try some peppermint essential oil!
6. Cedarwood Essential Oil –Cedarwood essential oil supports hair growth. Perfect when you’re trying to grow bangs out live Sweet T and it’s taking forever.
7. Juniper Essential Oil – another essential oil that supports hair growth, try mixing with conditioner for maximum potential.
There are many recipes that will help you to use these essential oils as a means to have more vibrant hair. Try this deep conditioning treatment next time your hair needs a boost.
Or try this “recipe” in the winter time for extra moisture on your hair and scalp.
- 5 drops lemon
- 2 drops lavender
- 2 drops peppermint
- 1 drop rosemary
How to Apply this Essential Oil Blend:
Dilute 50:50 with a carrier oil and massage 1 teaspoon into scalp vigorously for 2-3 minutes.
Shampoo, rinse, repeat as necessary until all the carrier oil is gone (I like to use coconut.)