It’s that time of year, the weather is warming up and the kids are almost ready to be done with school for the summer. With the impending Summer break many families are planning vacations for adventure and excitement with their kids, but what are some vacation planning strategies that can help to make the trip successful? Well I am glad you asked, here are 5 tips for planning a family vacation this Summer:
5 Tips for Planning a Family Vacation This Summer
- Book a Kid Friendly Destination – make sure that your vacation planning includes a destination and venue that is geared towards kids for maximum entertainment and less boredom moments when vacationing as a family.
- Bring Audiobooks – if you are planning to be on the road driving to your destination or if the trip requires extensive time in the car, bring audiobooks that are kid friendly such as some from this list of best travel audiobooks for kids.
- Think About the Crowds – sure Florida or Southern California may seem like the go-to place for your family vacation, but how well do your kids do with crowds? After all a family vacation is all about relaxation and quality time spent, try to avoid destinations that may be overcrowded.
- Bring Your Own Food – as a means to save some money think about bringing your own food and drink options, this can be especially beneficial when you have a picky eater or food allergy to think about. Be prepared to only eat out on occasion when on vacation to save money.
- Have fun Announcing your Vacation – get the kids all excited and ready to go on a family vacation by using some of these creative ideas to announce your family vacation brought to you by Scholastic.
About Scholastic’s Can’t Wait for School Break Collection
Scholastic wants you to enjoy Summer break with your kids and that is why they have geared up their content with many ways to enjoy your family vacation this year. From tips on how to survive the vacation while traveling with kids to ways you can have fun with announcing the special vacation to your kids, Scholastic has you covered. Instead of planning your average family vacation, Scholastic invites you to incorporate some of their suggestions such as taking classes instead of buying souvenirs or going on a family cruise that includes educational activities. Scholastic wants your family to have a fabulous Summer vacation together while still allowing your kids to learn something new!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Disney. The opinions and text are all mine.