We’ve all felt the panic that sets in on weekdays around 5:00. What’s for dinner and why am I expected to feed these people every day?? Keep the ingredients for this beef with broccoli recipe in your freezer and you’ll always be prepared for the 5:00 panic with an easy meal that tastes like you spent more than 10 minutes on it!
recipe in your freezer and you’ll always be prepared with an easy meal!” width=”467″ height=”700″ />
The key to getting this dish on the table so quickly lies in using cheesesteak sandwich meat which cooks up within 3-4 minutes (I said this would be quick, easy, and delicious…not authentic, m’kay?)
10-minute Beef with Broccoli
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb frozen philly cheesesteak sandwich meat
- 1Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 14oz package frozen broccoli florets or cuts, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch, water, and minced garlic. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine soy sauce and brown sugar. Set aside
- In a large skillet, cook steak meat from frozen according to package directions (I like to chop the meat up with a spatula as I’m cooking it)
- Once beef is browned, drain grease and add the cornstarch mixture. Cook until bubbly
- Place cooked meat on a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Add sesame oil, onions, and broccoli to pan and cook approximately 4 minutes or until tender. Return beef to pan and add soy sauce mixture. Cook until heated through.
- Serve over hot rice if desired.
If you plan to serve this over rice (and I recommend you do) it may take longer than 10-minutes to get this meal on the table. Although if you make a small portion in your rice cooker and get it going before you start on the beef with broccoli itself, you’re looking at a 12 minute meal. Still not bad!
Make extra rice if you have time and use the leftovers the next day for Chinese Restaurant Style Fried Rice. It tastes best with leftover refrigerated rice!
Try this Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf Recipe for another easy mealtime solution.